Someone To Come Back To
by Roisin Black
Series: The Omega Security Series, #1
Release Date: April 13, 2016
Lieutenant John Sullivan of the U.S. Navy SEALs is used to control in all things and especially when it comes to love. He has one rule.
DO. NOT. GO. THERE.
A recent mission gone wrong sees him seeking refuge at his cabin in the Adirondack wilderness, a place where he goes to deal with the things he has to do as part of his job.
Dr. Maggie O'Brien, Senior Trauma Surgeon at Hillview hospital, New York is dedicated to saving the lives of her patients, leaving her little time for anything resembling a personal life.
When it comes to love she has one belief.
NO. TIME. FOR. THAT.
A work related crisis sees her fleeing New York for the seclusion of the Adirondacks where her burnt-out body and weary soul crave solitude .
The last thing John Sullivan wants whilst he tries to deal with the emotional aftermath of his last mission is the distraction of a fiery red-head with curves that would tempt a saint.
The last thing Maggie O'Brien wants as she finally takes some time to examine her life is to deal with her body's unwanted response to the bossy, over-bearing man who rescued her in the woods and who drives her crazy in every way.
Soon, though, each realizes the other may not be what they want but what they need.
However, ghosts from the past and shocking events from the present shake John to his core and lead him to make a fateful decision that may just cause him to lose the woman he loves, forever.
“What the hell?” she exclaimed, “who the hell are you and why are you licking my leg?
A soft chuckle was all she got in reply and another lick accompanied by what seemed like a sniff.
Oh just my luck, Maggie thought to herself, I’m stuck in the middle of nowhere with car trouble and a lick-freak.
“Okay mister,” she announced, “you lick my leg one more time and I’ll come out from underneath this car and split your head open with this tire iron.”
Her bravado was rewarded with a laugh this time and annoyance flashed through her. The fact she didn’t have a tire iron or that the guy could be standing there with a gun, hence his laughter, didn’t occur to her as she wriggled furiously out from underneath the car. A trickle of fear did, however, wind its way down her spine as her eyes fell on one of the biggest men she had ever seen. Beside him sat what she now guessed was the source of the licks.
Róisín Black comes from the West of Ireland, a place where storytelling is a way of life. She’s a dreamer, a wanderer and a writer. In amongst extensive wandering and dreaming she has managed to carve out a successful career as a journalist, hold-down a marriage, produce two amazing children and spend her time with some pretty cool dogs. She currently lives in Queensland, Australia.
Ten Things You Didn't Know About Roisin Black
- Roisin Black is from the west of Ireland - a magical place that has provided inspiration for writers and artists for centuries.
- She can't cook. Cooking is like an eternal mystery to her. She'll never understand why, when you follow the recipe the same way each time, the end result varies so much from edible to "don't even give that to the dog" disgusting.
- She loves nothing more than rambling the hills and mountains in the west of Ireland, preferably with a dog by her side.
- She loves dogs! Totally adores canines. When she was little and go missing at her Grandfather’s house, her parents would always find her in amongst the pack of dogs, sitting there - the dogs in a circle around her and her chatting happily away to each of them.
- She loves surfing and some of her happiest days were spent catching waves on Keel Beach on Achill Island in the west of Ireland. It's a pretty cool way to spend your time. She currently lives in the surfing capital of the world - Queensland, Australia - but perversely hasn't surfed since she got there!
- She speaks French, German, Gaelic and a little Italian.
- She was an au-pair once and was a little bit naughty.
- A few years ago she sold up everything, bought a camper van , threw her two dogs and husband into it and rambled the roads of Europe for nearly a year. This was one of the happiest times of her life. Her husband thinks she’s a natural born gypsy. He might be right.
- She also loves donkeys. One of the other happiest times of her life was when she was a young girl and on holidays with her uncle in the west of Ireland. This was a wonderful time in Ireland when a lot of the old ways just about still existed and donkeys freely roamed the roads. She spent her days like the Lone Ranger - flying along the roads on top of one donkey or another - totally wild and free.
- She worked in T.V. and film production for a while and once had Daniel Craig half-naked in front of her on a hill-side in the west of Ireland. Yes, he was close enough to touch! Not that she'd do such a thing.